Since 1996, The Essex National Heritage Commission (Essex Heritage) has championed the heritage development of Essex County by fostering public-private partnerships that preserve and enhance the significant aspects of the region’s history, cultural heritage and character.
We look forward to working with you to promote the sustainability of this great region. Some of our current initiatives include:
- Bakers Island Lighthouse
- Border to Boston Rail Trail
- Education Programming
- Park for Every Classroom
- Salem at SEA
- Making the Caribbean Connection
- Youth Jobs Program
- For Educators and Partners
- Essex Coastal Scenic Byway
- Find Your Story
- Heritage Hero Award
- I Heart Heritage!
- Move It! (Active Trails)
- Northeast Harvest - Buy Fresh, Buy Local
- NPS Passport Program
- Partnership Grant Program
- Photo Contest
- Photo Safaris
- Salem Witch Hunt: Examine the Evidence (a film and a walking tour)
- Scaling Up: New Strategies for Landscape-scale Conservation - Symposium on October 7, 2016
- Trails & Sails: Two Weekends of Walks & Water
and much, much more! Learn more about our accomplishments here.