Trails & Sails: Two Weekends of Walks and Water, will take place September 15-17 & 22-24, 2017!
Mark your calendars now to join us once again to celebrate our region’s distinctive history, breathtaking landscapes and hidden gems over two weekends of free events!
Keep in touch and stay tuned...
The list of Trails & Sails 2017 events will appear here on August 1st! Can't wait until September? You can make Trails & Sails last all year long by becoming an Essex Heritage member! As an Essex Heritage member there are many opportunities to connect to and support the special sites in this region. Join us!
Hey, Event Hosts!
Get creative, get involved, and start planning your events-- event submission will being online in April! We seek all kinds of experiences and invite any heritage organization or business to consider offering a unique, free event that provides residents and visitors the chance to connect and experience your special place. It's a great way to build public awareness and audience for your cause, mission and organization.
Get Involved: Prior-year hosts will be contacted via email when event submission begins online in April. Never hosted before? Email Emily to add your site or organization to the Trails & Sails lineup!
About Trails & Sails 2016
THANK YOU to all Trails & Sails event hosts, participants, volunteers and our sponsors for making the 15th annual Trails & Sails such a terrific success! The 2016 event line-up offered 150+ FREE event opportunities to connect you to the spectacular places, history and heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area—the 34 cities and towns of Boston’s legendary North Shore. We thank the 100+ event hosts for opening their doors and scheduling such an awesome line-up of Trails & Sails experiences. We could not present this event without your enthusiasm!
- Visit Essex Heritage's Facebook page to see and post photos from the weekend festivities.
- Download a PDF of the printed guide to Trails & Sails 2016. Please note this is a large file that make take a few minutes to download.
Trails & Sails 2016 People’s Choice Awards
Essex Heritage is very grateful to the hundreds of organizations, event leaders and businesses that opened their doors and created experiences that continue to thrill and delight residents and visitors alike. Please join us in applauding the five events (listed in alpha order!) that got the most votes from participants to receive the 2016 People’s Choice Awards:
- Farmstead Cheese Tour, hosted by Valley View Farm, Topsfield
- Full Moon Paddle, hosted by Lake Gardner Improvement Association, Amesbury
- Historic Olmsted Subdivision Walking Tour, hosted by Swampscott Historical Commission, Swampscott
- Kayaking the Essex River Basin, hosted by Essex River Basin Adventures (ERBA), Essex
- Tiffany Stained Glass Windows Tour, hosted by St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church, Lynn