The kiosks are finally here! Essex Heritage is pleased to announce the installation of 9 informational kiosks in communities along the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway at the end of November-early December. The Byway is a state-designated heritage program linking 14 coastal cities and towns from Lynn to Salisbury. These kiosks are a part of a wayfinding signage project that has been ongoing for over a decade with the goal of supporting a tourism-based economic initiative by showcasing the region’s historic, cultural, and natural places.
The 90-mile route guides visitors and residents through one of the country’s most picturesque and historically significant regions – Boston’s legendary North Shore. The route features mile after mile of breathtaking vistas, historic homes, access to world-class art and culture destinations, distinctive local businesses and visitor centers. To celebrate the installation of the 9 kiosks across the Byway, please take note of the ribbon cutting ceremonies as listed below:
- Beverly, Wednesday, December 5th, 9:30am Location: 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Ipswich, Wednesday, December 5th at 1:00pm Location: 36 South Main Street, Ipswich, MA 01938
- Lynn, Friday, December 7th, 9:00am Location: Intersection of Union and Broad Street, Lynn, MA 01901
- Salem, Friday, December 7th, 11:00am Location: 2 New Liberty Street, Salem, MA 01970
- Salisbury, Friday, December 7th, 4:00pm Location: Maria Miles Visitor Center, Exit 60 on Route 95, South Bound, Salisbury, 01952
- Marblehead, Monday, December 10th, 1:00pm Location: Chamber’s Information Booth, at the intersection of Pleasant, Essex and Spring Streets, Marblehead, MA 01945
- Newburyport, Tuesday, December 11th, 9:30am Location: Information Booth, 35 Merrimac Street, Newburyport, MA 01950
- Essex, Tuesday, December 11th, 1:00pm Location: 113 Main Street, Essex, MA 01929
- Gloucester, Wednesday, December 19th, 10:00am Location: 24 Hough Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930
Everyone is welcome. Please share this event with your city councilors/board of selectmen, chamber of commerce, shop owners, residents and local press.
All questions or media inquiries should be forwarded to Heather Goss, Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (978)740-0444.