We are all stewards of history. Many of us have family treasures and heirlooms at home, but how can we best preserve and share them? Join Essex Heritage, the National Park Service, and the Salem Historical Commission for a free Preservation Month workshop with museum and archive professionals to learn how you can care for and share local history.
- Susan Edwards, University Archivist and Special Collections Librarian, Salem State University
- Emily Murphy, Curator, Salem Maritime and Saugus Ironworks National Historic Sites
- Anya Wilczynski, Program Manager, Essex Heritage
- Amy Kellett, DIY Archives Project
- Jen Ratliff, Trustee, Salem Historical Society
Come early to explore our exhibitor area featuring University Products, Gaylord Archival, Higginson Books, Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC), and more! All attendees will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize package donated by our featured exhibitors.
When: Thursday, May 31 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. (Check-in and exhibitor area will be open at 6:00 p.m.)
Where: Salem Visitor Center, 2 New Liberty St.
For more information, contact Anya Wilczynski, Manager of Membership & Programs, Essex Heritage
(978) 740-0444, email@example.com