Get Active, Get Fit -- One Mile At A Time.
Exercise is the best medicine! Regular physical activity can:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease by 40%.
- Lower the risk of stroke by 27%.
- Reduce the incidence of diabetes by almost 50%.
- Reduce the incidence of high blood pressure by almost 50%.
- Reduce mortality and the risk of recurrent breast cancer by almost 50%.
- Lower the risk of colon cancer by over 60%.
- Reduce the risk of developing of Alzheimer’s disease by one-third.
- Decrease depression as effectively as medications or behavioral therapy.
- Research shows that a low level of physical activity exposes a patient to a greater risk of dying than does smoking, obesity, hypertension, or high cholesterol, and for older men, regular physical activity can decrease the risk of death by 40%.
- Active individuals in their 80s have a lower risk of death than inactive individuals in their 60s.
Regular exercise (150 minutes per week) lowers your risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke and Alzheimer's disease. What prescription medication can say all that?
Information provided by Exercise is Medicine™