Church doors will be open and there will be activities in the Burying Ground
Both the historic Sanctuary and Burying Ground of First Parish Church of Newbury, 20 High Road, will be open, with guides to provide information and answer any questions. Gathered in 1635, First Parish is the oldest, "mother church", in the Newburyport area and many of the original settlers and their descendants are buried in the Burying Ground, including Henry Sewall, Tristram Coffin and his wife Judith, and the Reverend John Tucker. Come visit our historic sites - there will be a scavenger hunt in the Burying Ground!
Parking is available at the back of the Church building. Comfortable footwear is suggested to walk through the Burying Ground as the terrain is uneven.
20 High Rd., Newbury, MA, 01951
First Parish is located at 20 High Road (Route 1A), Newbury, just south of the Newbury/Newburyport line, on the right side of 1A.