Rocks Village Memorial Association
Come visit the Toll House Museum and Hand Tub House in Rocks Village. Current residents will be on hand to talk about the history of the village from the 1640s to today. The Toll House was originally built in 1828 and served as a toll keeper's house as well as a cobbler's shop. After 1868 when tolls were no longer taken, the little building fell into disrepair. In 1928 Henry Ford purchased it for his open air museum in Dearborn, Michigan. In 2013, students at Whittier Technical School built a replica and it now serves as a small museum for Rocks Village.
Parking is very limited along East Main Street. No bathrooms available
1 River Road, Haverhill, MA, 01830
From 495 take exit 52 and head east on Route 110. Take a right onto Amesbury Line Road and follow to Rocks Bridge over the Merrimac River. Building is on left before going over the bridge. From 95, take exit 57 and head west on route 113. In about 5 miles, take a right onto bridge street and go over bridge. Building will be on your right. There are only three spots for handicapped access in front of the building, all other parking is on-street parking.