St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church
Trails & Sails Dates:
St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church parish, founded in 1844, is housed in an incredibly beautiful reddish granite building built in 1881 on Lynn Common. Enjoy a tour of the church and learn about the collection of over 41 Tiffany stained glass windows, which are among the oldest ecclesiastical Tiffany windows in the world. Two very large windows were designed by the famous sculptor Augustus Saint Gaudens. It is also the burial place of Lt. Col. Charles Redington Mudge, Civil War hero who died at Gettysburg, July 3, 1863, and son of the donor, Enoch Redington Mudge.
74 South Common Street, Lynn, MA, 01902
Rte-1 to Rte-60 East to rotary. Go 3/4 around rotary, take Rte-107/Western Ave. Follow Western Ave, bearing right through Market Sq. and follow through to South Common St. Turn right onto Blossom St. St. Stephen's is on the right. From Rte-1A north of Lynn: Take Rte-1A South onto the Lynnway. Turn right onto Blossom St. (just before Wendy's ) and go to end (Lynn Common). St. Stephen's is on the corner on the left. Parking: General parking is to the left of the side entrance off Blossom St. Handicapped parking and entrance is off of So. Common St. to the right of the building.
Essex Coastal Scenic Byway
Rail Trail Trailhead