Photographers Get Snapping! All photographers are invited to submit images that capture the unique character of the Essex National Heritage Area (Essex County) or speak to Essex Heritage's role in preserving the historic, cultural, and natural places of Essex County.
Photographs must be taken within the Heritage Area (Essex County) and represent one of the three contest categories listed below. Please read the complete Rules & Requirements, and send in an Entry Form for your chance to win! Deadline for submission is: December 20, 2019. All photos entered must have been captured between January 1, 2019 and December 20, 2019 to be eligible.
PHOTO CONTEST FORMS:
2019 CONTEST CATEGORIES:
- Off the Beaten Path: The Essex National Heritage Area has a certain mystique - boundless woods, hazy fields, riverside trails – when two roads diverge in yellow wood, take the one less traveled! As you explore forgotten trails, roads less traveled, and other hidden gems that make Essex County unique with your friends and family, capture the moment!
- People of Essex County: The Essex National Heritage Area is full to the brim with history – 26 National Historic Landmarks, 86 Historic Sites, 400 farms, and a plethora of public lands – but it’s the people that make these places what they are! We want to see the residents, tourists, and everyone in between that keep the Heritage Area alive in more ways than one! Show us the people that keep Essex County hustling and bustling at work, play, and rest!
- A Splash of Color: Sites around Essex County boast vibrant colors of all kinds. Murals, fields of flowers, and bountiful harvests at farmers markets are just a few places that showcase this diverse palette. Show us your favorite colorful scene, large or small, and share the vibrancy of this special heritage area.
2019 CHALLENGE CATEGORY:
- IG’ers of Essex County: We’re looking for Instagram-worthy pics you have snapped that showcase the beauty and uniqueness of Essex County. The rules are simple: at any point during our Photo Contest period (January 1, 2019 through December 20, 2019) you can tag your best Essex County photos with #EssexHeritagePhotoContest to enter; if your account is private, be sure to direct message us the pic so we can see it. After the cut-off date, we will compile what we have and our staff will pick the top 9. Then our Instagram community will vote on the best one! Questions? DM us @EssexHeritage
2019 WINNING IMAGES & PRIZES
Winners will be notified and announced by the end of January 2019. There will be up to eleven (11) prizes awarded*:
- Grand Prize (Best of Show): $200 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- People’s Choice Award (to be chosen by Essex Heritage Facebook followers): Gift Certificate to a local restaurant
- First Prize (Each Category): $100 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- Second Prize (Each Category): $50 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- Third Prize (Each Category): Passport® To Your National Parks: Explorer Edition from Waite & Peirce
Winning images will be exhibited at the Hunt’s Photo & Video flagship store (100 Main Street, Melrose, MA). Images will also be displayed at the National Park Service Visitor Center in Salem (2 New Liberty Street, Salem, MA) and at the offices of the Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (160 Main Street, Haverhill, MA) for up to one year. Winning images will also be used in Essex Heritage publications as well as posted on the Essex Heritage website at EssexHeritage.org and other social media outlets.