Photographers Get Snapping! All photographers are invited to submit images that capture the unique character of the Essex National Heritage Area (Essex County) or speak to Essex Heritage's role in preserving the historic, cultural, and natural places of Essex County.
Photographs must be taken within the Heritage Area (Essex County) and represent one of the three contest categories listed below. Please read the complete Rules & Requirements, and send in an Entry Form for your chance to win! Deadline for submission is: December 18, 2020. But understanding that mail may arrive slower this time of year we will continue to accept submissions received through the end of the month. All photos entered must have been captured between January 1, 2020 and December 17, 2020 to be eligible.
PHOTO CONTEST MATERIALS:
- Rules & Requirements (.pdf)
- Entry form (.pdf)
- Model Release Form (.pdf)
- Click here to pay the entry fee electronically.
2020 CONTEST CATEGORIES:
- Bright Sunshiny Day: Rain, rain go away! Show us your best shots of bright mornings and lazy afternoons. There are no sunrises or sunsets here – we want to see picnics, honeybees, sunshine and ice cream!
- People of Essex County: The Essex National Heritage Area is full to the brim with history – 26 National Historic Landmarks, 86 Historic Sites, 400 farms, and a plethora of public lands – but it’s the people that make these places what they are! We want to see the residents, tourists, and everyone in between that keep the Heritage Area alive in more ways than one! Show us the people that keep Essex County hustling and bustling at work, play, and rest!
- Uniquely Essex County: Essex County is home to some unique and amazing sights, we want to see what you think best represents it! Keep an eye out the next time you’re out and about to find the details that make Essex County what it is – and capture the whole depth of field that frames it!
2020 CHALLENGE CATEGORY:
- Heritage at Home: As the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic causes mass disruptions to our everyday lives, how do you cope? As a cultural institution, it is important to Essex Heritage to preserve and enhance the stories of these unprecedented and difficult times. Show us your photographs that best represent “home” in 2020.
- You can share entries to "Heritage at Home" on Instagram by including #EssexHeritagePhotoContest OR by sending them via email to email@example.com (simply include "Challenge Category" in the subject line). As a bonus category, challenge entries do not require an entry form, are free to enter, and are not eligible for prizes.
2020 WINNING IMAGES & PRIZES
Winners will be notified and announced by early February 2021. Winning images will be used in Essex Heritage publications as well as posted on the Essex Heritage website at EssexHeritage.org and other social media outlets.
Prizes will be awarded to 11 winners of the 2020 Photo Contest:
- Grand Prize (1): $150
- 1st Place (3): $100 gift certificate to Essex River Cruises and a membership to the Ipswich River Watershed Association
- 2nd Place (3): Family membership to The Trustees and $50 gift certificate for photography lessons at SEE Shore Photography
- 3rd Place (3): Individual membership to The Trustees and National Park passport
- People's Choice (1): $100 gift certificate to REI