Chandler Hovey Park and Marblehead Light Tower

Chandler Hovey Park
Follett St. & Kimball St.
Marblehead, MA 01945

Chandler Hovey Park, also known as Lighthouse Point, is located at the end of Follett Street, off Ocean Avenue on Marblehead Neck. The 3.74 acre park overlooks the mouth of the harbor and the shorelines of Beverly and Manchester-By-The-Sea and offers pavilions, benches, picnic tables, restrooms, swimming and parking. Originally owned by the U.S. government, it was purchased in 1948 by Marblehead resident Chandler Hovey, who donated it to the town. It is also the location of the Marblehead Light Tower.

Hours: 

Sunrise to sunset.

Categories: 

  • Natural Resources
  • Parks
  • Scenic Vistas

Property Owner/Organization: 

Town of Marblehead
Essex Coastal Scenic Byway
Rail Trail
Rail Trail Trailhead